Monday, March 19, 2012

30-Day Bloggity Blogness: Day 19

Day 19: Something you miss


Being a mom is great.

I've been a mom since March 24, 2006.

My last day to work was March 3, 2006.

Staying home is strangely fulfilling.

I do not miss working. Not really.

I do miss the freedom of being childless, however.

I miss sleeping in on Saturdays.

I miss being able to go out with my husband without having to get a babysitter.

I miss the innocence of my pre-kid mind.

Being a parent is hard. It is sometimes scary.

And though I absolutely love my children and love being a mother, sometimes I miss not being a mother.

4 comments:

gwen said...

Me too :)

Verna said...

I'm laughing..... your last day to work? Sweetie, you work very hard each day.....we just don't get a paycheck (money) for the work that we do.

Smiling.

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you said it, because every once in a while I think it, and then I feel guilty for thinking it. Thank you for letting me know it's okay to think it sometimes! It doesn't mean we don't love our children enough to die for them. It just means we're human! And tired. ;-)

Inspire said...

I stumbled across your blog and I love reading this post...I have 2 sons that I love with all my heart and couldn't imagine my life without but I totally agree with you and I feel like so many mothers out there are so judgemental and would be appalled at this but a lot of us have this thought.