Sunday, March 18, 2012

30-Day Bloggity Blogness: Day 18

Day 18: Favorite Place to Eat

Sigh.

If you had asked me this a year ago, I would have said a local restaurant, American Cafe, which used to be Mozzerella's, which used to be Silver Spoon.

Yeah, I know.

But their chips con queso and their garlic butter & bread were to DIE for.

And I had a special-order salad there that I can still drool over if I think about it too long.

But, alas, it closed, and so I am left without a top favorite go-to place.

I do love to go out to eat, though I don't get to do it that often.

But if you told me I could choose one restaurant, anywhere, to eat, I would choose........



Tusker House
inside Disney's Animal Kingdom
Orlando, Florida

In our three trips to Walt Disney World, we've eaten at Tusker House three times. Twice at breakfast and once at lunch. Lunch was great, but I prefer breakfast.

It's a character meal, so that's always wonderful. The food is just ah-mazing. And they have a special drink there, called Jungle Juice. It. Is. Fabulous.


My *only* complaint about Tusker House (other than the fact that I get full too quickly and have to stop eating) is that I hate the straws there.

Animal Kingdom is a "green" park, so all the straws at its restaurants are made from recycled paper. Which feels really strange between my lips.

But it's a small price to pay for the delicious Jungle Juice and the experience of Tusker House.

So that's where I'd want to eat.

Because that means if I'm at Tusker House, then I'm at Disney.

And that is amazing indeed.

And now, let me share some of my personal pictures of Tusker House.

2010 (Matthew, me, Andrew (almost 4), Thomas--in utero)








2011 (Matthew, me, Andrew (almost 5)
(Yes, we're wearing Disneyland shirts at Disney World.
That's how we roll.)










2012 (Just Matthew & me!!)
(You can tell I've lost weight fo sho!)







How can you NOT love this place???




No comments: