Saturday, March 17, 2012

30-Day Bloggity Blogness: Day 17

Day 17: Something you're looking forward to

I look forward to many things. In fact, I remember in college, I learned the important truth that we are not in a holding tank. If we spend our whole lives looking forward to things, we won't enjoy the life we're living right now.

"I can't wait to get a boyfriend."

"I can't wait to graduate."
"I can't wait to start teaching."

"I can't wait for Christmas break."

"I can't wait until I get married!!"

"I can't wait to have kids." (Actually, I was never in a huge hurry on this one, lol.)

"I can't wait to move to our new house."

"I can't wait for vacation!!!!!!!!!!"

"I can't wait until my baby/child ________." (Insert various milestones into the blank...sleeps through the night, eats table food, is potty-trained, starts school, etc.)
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the popular song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. I do agree that at times, I do miss my tiny babies. (Though those times are few and far between right now.) I know that I will miss that they're all still small enough to cuddle with me on the couch, and that they'll all let me kiss all over them in public.

I won't miss diapers.

I won't miss picky eaters (assuming they grow out of it).

I won't miss so much dependence upon me.

But with all that having been said, there is one thing I look forward to very, very much.


I can't wait to hear my Benjamin talk. Most particularly to hear him call me "mama."

Because I will certainly NOT miss the alternative that I've been living with for almost four years. This nonverbal/non-communication thing is for the birds. And I'm over it. And so is he.



No comments: