Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday weigh-in (8/6)

Well, another bad week as far as weight goes. He actually lost a *little* bit of weight (0.2 of an ounce) and was at 11 lbs, 7.9 oz. So he's pretty much stuck right there at 11 1/2 pounds. But then when I fed him, he was fussy and didn't really want to eat. He only got two ounces, which is not enough for him per feeding.

Shari, my lactation consultant, said that it could be the heat (it's beastly today) or his heart (having to work so hard), but I'm worried a little b/c he's been coughing and sneezing a little bit lately. And then I showed her Benjamin's head. He has this nasty funk on his head that I assumed was just cradle cap but it now stinks. Gross. The last time I took him to the doctor, she said it was just cradle cap (regular newborn stuff) and just to leave it alone. But now it's crusty and smelly.

So we are going to the doctor tomorrow afternoon! I am going to show her his head and ask her about his weight gain/fussiness during feedings and have her check his ears for any signs of an infection. He seems to really only fuss when he eats sometimes, and if he has an infection, then it would hurt to eat.

Sigh. I'm tired. And it's hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you! Don't get frustrated it will work out. If he does have an ear infection try doing a football hold with his head up. I have always heard that when their head is flat it hurts their ears the most. Let me know if you need any help with Andrew. Love you guys! check out www.emmaellie.com

Stephanie said...

oh, Angela. I know you must feel surrounded by worry. Or, maybe not since you are super mom but I hope God's love is casting out fear.
I think you are A-MAZ-ING.
Make sure and blog after the appointment tomorrow.