Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Unexplained Mysteries

I don't understand how everyone on television goes around chugging these giant cups of coffee all day, and no one gets the poop shoots.


I mean, I know it's probably not socially acceptable to talk about this, but this is my blog. Please tell me I'm not the only one? 



I don't understand what possesses people to run a full marathon dressed like this: 



Or this:


Or this:


I don't understand how Monica Braverman can go from this 

 
to this 

 
in just a matter of months. 

I don't understand how my husband can run 26.2 miles at a 7:10 pace, yet I struggle to get a sub-30:00 PR for a 5K!! (That's 3.1 miles at roughly a 9:30 pace.)

Oh, yeah...I *do* understand that one:


I don't understand how Thomas can fearlessly ride in the front seat of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 


yet have a giant meltdown whenever Big Jet threatens the Little Einsteins. 


But what TRULY blows mind is how this man 

 
has stuck by my side for all these years. Yesterday, we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. THAT'S A LONG TIME. 
Yet it feels like yesterday that I said "I do" at Patten Chapel on a chilly (it snowed that morning!) November day back in the year 2000. 

This is where a normal person would post a few pictures from said wedding. But since we got married before the digital age and all my pictures are buried upstairs in a junky closet (and covered in Christmas wreaths that will soon be hung once again on my windows), I will instead post pictures of our dinner at Hennen's last night. 

It's practically the same thing anyway. 







 
Have a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You had me at dessert.

Beth said...

Awesome....Happy late Anniversary!!! Looks like you guys had an awesome dinner!

JILL said...

I love food pics!!!