Friday, March 9, 2012

30-Day Bloggity Blogness: Day 9

Day 9: A habit you wish you didn't have

Well, I would say cracking my knuckles, but I actually really like doing that.

I would say drinking Dr. Pepper, but I only have like one a week now.

I would say being late, but that's not really a habit, just usually caused by my children; I'm a punctual person.

After much consideration, I would say that I wish I didn't have such an "all or nothing" attitude about life.

If I can't get the whole house clean in one day, I'm just not going to clean it at all.

If I can't eat right the whole day (or week!) then SCREW IT--I'm just going to go on a binge.

If I can't exercise every day of the week, it's not worth doing at all.

Is anyone else like this?

I have slacked off a little. I do have a house cleaning/laundry schedule that, barring sickness, I stick to on a regular basis. I'm grown okay with having a spotless kitchen even though my bathrooms are a week "old" from their cleaning. It's okay. As long as I stick to my schedule.

I am also fine only exercising three times a week. (Though I will tell you that Benjamin and I have had a bad stomach bug, and there has been no exercise in six days for me.)

I am also getting *much* better with making healthy eating a habit instead of a diet. I track my calories (and exercise) with My Fitness Pal, and I have found that a wonderful (free!) tool to help me stay accountable. I also have a running schedule to help me plan out my three runs for the week.

But it is my gut instinct to be all-or-nothing. I wish I could completely break myself of it, but it is ingrained in my OCD personality!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. I feel the same way. Kim Ellis