Wednesday, March 28, 2012

30-Day Bloggity Blogness: Day 28

Day 28: Something that stresses you out

This time of year, my yard stresses me out.

All winter my weeds lie dormant under the grass.

Under the mulch.

The grass sits, hay-colored and short, not needing any watering or mowing.

And all winter we complain about the cold.

As soon as it starts to get warm, my husband's busy time at work starts.

He works.

A lot.

Then the grass starts to turn green.

The weeds start to grow.

As does the grass.

And every weekend, I lose my already overworked (and absent) husband to the yard for 2-3 hours.

And that's JUST MOWING.

(With the blessing of a half-acre lot comes the CURSE of a half-acre lot.)

The weeds and flower beds start to resemble the Little Shop of Horrors. I stop looking out my windows as much, as to not remember how much work there is to be done.

Work that I have neither the time, the money, nor the knowlege to do.

So, yes.

My yard stresses me out.

Soon enough I will get out there and pulls some weeds, plant some new pansies or petunias by my mailbox, trim some hedges, and throw out some new mulch.

Until then I think I'll just keep my blinds closed.

No comments: