Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sorry to disappoint...

I don't have a Not Me! Monday post this week. NOT ME! LOL

It has been a busy weekend. I have been battling a cold and an annoying-so-I-have-trouble-sleeping cough for about four or five days. Thankfully, it seems to be going away and no one else got sick.

Andrew's third birthday is Tuesday. *sniff* *sniff* I have been cleaning and planning for his DOUBLE birthday parties that are both on Tuesday. (A small "friend" one during the day at 11 and a family one at 5 in the afternoon.) He is so excited about his Clifford party ("Cwiffode pahty") that he can hardly stand it.

I just can't believe my baby is three.

The other thing that has kept me occupied this weekend is MARCH MADNESS!!! Sigh. I know that college basketball means nothing to most of you, and for some others of you, it is just a time when your soaps and other CBS shows are pre-empted and you get angry.

But for me, it is a wondrous time of year, filled with brackets and close games. Most of them happening late at night, which isn't helping my throat.

I am in two ESPN pools. One is small--only ten of us. I am currently #1. The other one is quite large--187 of us. I am currently tied with one other person for #1. There aren't any games until Thursday. Of this I am glad, because glancing at my brackets, I have some unlikely teams winning the next few games.

I am nervous to say the least.

But for now I am just tired, and so I bid you all goodnight. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the Clifford party. That will probably be good material for Wordless Wednesday. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so my Final Four picks in the office pool are: Kansas, Okalahoma, Memphis and (I forget the fourth). I hope I am winning...we don't actually watch. :P

Jill said...

hey, wanted to say, I love the blog, and am encouraged by your cooking and tracking points with WW...it is possible, but I too love Coke, like you do Dr. Pepper...Benjamin has stolen my heart, because we are in the process of adopting a DS child...have a great week of Bday and packing for the beach. I hope you get reception at the beach for Sunday's call.

Sarah said...

I used to love March Madness! I was a huge college basketball fan for many years, but the arrival of children ended that. I also seemed to marry one of the few men who has zero interest in sports. Maybe I will try to catch a game this week.

Alicia said...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Andrew! I hope he had a great 3rd Birthday!

Also I wanted to say congrats on your weight loss on WW! You are doing great!