Just some things I thought I'd mention:
1. Yes, Benjamin is still doing well. I took him to his pediatrician today b/c his wrist (where they had to cut during surgery...yikes and ick...) doesn't seem to be healing well. I think they left stitches in there that are not the dissolvable kind, and it was bleeding. The steri-strips already fell off but I put some back on. Plus a band-aid. Dr. Stephanie said that it did not look infected and that I had done such a good job with the steri-strips (one of my hidden talents evidently), that she was not going to remove it. We go back in two weeks anyway for his six-month well visit so she'll check them then.
Question for anyone in medicine: If the stitches aren't the dissolvable kinds, isn't that bad to just leave them in and let it heal over them? Kind of gives me the heeby-jeebies to think about.
2. I got a comment from someone named Richard on a really old post, and since he didn't have a blogger profile, I am not able to contact him to answer his question. So, Richard, if you're still keeping up with us, I will tell you that the Hardees sign that read "Taco Salads is Back" was not in Kentucky. It was, indeed, in East Ridge, Tennessee, which is very close to the GA/TN line. I hope it was the same Hardees but you never know. LOL Thanks for the comment!
3. Also, Connie who left me a couple of messages. I don't have a cousin Betty, but my grandmother is Betty. Is that who gave you my blog address? And if so, come on, Grandma Betty. You might pass as my aunt, but cousin? :) Just kidding!! You know I love you.
4. Speaking of comments, I just wanted to say that if you're not a blogger, you might not realize the thrill that we bloggers get when people leave comments on our mindless dribble. (Or as Elaine on Seinfeld said, "the excruciating minutia of every, single, daily event..") And I totally understand, as a blog stalker myself, that you don't always want to leave a comment even though you know how. And I can also appreciate that sometimes you just might want to email a blogger your thoughts. Which is also fine. But I have heard from several of you that you'd like to leave a comment but just don't know how or don't want to register, etc. Let me assure you that it is super easy and you can do it without signing up for the fruit-of-the-month club or committing to naming your first-born 'Rumplestiltskin.'
Underneath each post, there is a line that says "___ comments." (In the blank is the number of comments.) If you click on that, you can read the witty comments that my friends and family have left. You can also leave a comment in the big, white box. Don't be intimidated. It is easy. Just type. :) Then, type in those googly-looking letters and numbers in the box. Now, below that, choose "anonymous." This way you don't have to sign up for anything. BUT BE SURE TO TYPE YOUR NAME IN THE WHITE TEXT BOX so I'll know who you are! Just sign it like you would a letter. You know, "Pulling out my hair, Great-Aunt Willemenia" or "Will you please shut up, Your brother, Justin." OR another option is to to click the "Name/URL" option and just type your name in the box.
5. Don't be fooled by the similar packaging. The "Cup Noodles" on the left (chicken flavor) is NOT equal to the "Maruchen Instant Lunch" on the right (creamy chicken flavor). Sure, you save $0.10 per package, but it is worth splurging on the $0.42-soup that actually tastes good. The one on the left just doesn't pack the punch it should. Maybe because its mere 1060 mg of sodium doesn't stand up to the 1,300 mg in the "good stuf." (Sara, I know you are gagging, but Amber, I thought you might appreciate the heads-up.)
Just in case you were wondering.