Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Want to run with your iPhone?

I just finished typing this to a friend as a comment on Facebook (Hi, Selena!!), and wanted to share it over here on the ol' bloggy blog.

As most of you know, I just got an iPhone. But before that, I ran with an iPod Touch that I got for my birthday last year.

I've seen people at races (and even my good friend Diana) running with iPhone covers where there is a bulky plastic cover that covers the face of the phone, making it difficult to use while you're running.

But this armband ROCKS.

It's called a Tuneband and it's about $20 on Amazon. It comes in different colors & also comes with a screen protector for the front and the back of your iPhone.

I had one with my iPod Touch, and I got one for my iPhone. If you have a case, you'll most likely have to take it out of the case before you use this. While it might fit over your case (if you have a slimmer case), you probably won't have proper access to your buttons. But because the strap slips in and out apart from the cover (through slits in the bacK), I got a red one and I just use the Tuneband AS my iPhone cover. I couldn't recommend it more.

Click here to find it on Amazon. Feel free to read the (mostly) glowing reviews. I disagree with the complaints that some reviewers give it. My only complaint is that if I wear it too tightly on my bare arm (as opposed to over a long-sleeved shirt in the winter) it sometimes chafes my arm. But wearing it looser (and sometimes applying some Body Glide) helps alleviate that.

Here is a picture of the one I got:

Ask me any questions you may have in the comments or hit me up on Facebook or Twitter. (I'm @MommyAngela3 in case you didn't know.)

Off to put my chillins to bed so I can clean my kitchen, dust my house, and continue to get stuff arranged for our neighborhood's annual yard sale on Saturday. We've never participated, and I'm nervous. (I hate haggling...) But it should prove to be an experience & maybe we'll make a little cash.

Bye!

P.S. WAIT! I almost forgot to add that the Tuneband (who obviously hasn't asked me to say any of these nice things; I just love it) is also perfect even for non-runners. I find as a stay-at-home mom that a lot of my time is spent doing tasks like cleaning, laundry, vacuuming, etc. that are rather mundane. I kid you not when I say that I wear my phone around the house almost all day, taking it off only to shower and at times when I have to charge it. It's not always ON, but it often is. I love to listen to audiobooks, podcasts, Pandora, etc. The great thing about this is that the iPhone earphones (at least the ones that came with my phone, the 4s) have a microphone on the wire of the right side. So I can talk hands-free while wearing my iPhone. LOVE. IT. Best $20 I ever spent.

No comments: