Saturday, October 2, 2010

Please Don't Hate Me


This is my view for the next 15 days.

I am at the beach.

Myrtle Beach.

Today is Saturday. From today until late next Thursday night, it is just my mom, Thomas, and me.

Yes, that's right. Just the three of us.

Have I mentioned that he's TPB? You know...The Perfect Baby?

I plan on doing a lot of reading, sleeping, and just plain ol' relaxing.

Then late next Thursday night, Matthew will arrive with Andrew and Benjamin.

Then there will be NO reading, sleeping, or relaxing. We are all staying another nine days and coming home the following Sunday.



And while the thought of 15 days at the beach is great, and these first six days will be great, the last nine days will be one of those not-really-a-vacation vacations.

We have a small, yet luxurious, two-bedroom condo. For three adults and three children. So it will be kind of tight. Not just for sleeping, but for playing. No bonus room. No real room for running around. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying.

Anyway, I am especially missing Matthew right now b/c he is the one who unloads the car and unpacks all the crap stuff.

But also because he's my best friend and I love him.

I miss Andrew, too, but I SOOOO need a break from his incessant talking. He is a good boy, but he is maintenance, y'all. He does four really well.

And of course, I miss my sweet Baby B. But I also am looking forward to a break from all he requires. Which I gladly give. But it is very stressful.

Tomorrow marks the two-year anniversary of Benjamin's open-heart surgery. Benjamin was only one month younger than Thomas is now. I get tears in my eyes as I think about it. If you want to read more about that time in our life, on the side bar, go to October 2008 posts. Start at the beginning of the month.

But for now, I am going to post two cute Thomas pictures and then get busy unpacking all this crap stuff.


Thomas's first restaurant high chair experience was this morning at Chick-fil-A. He was such a good boy on the car ride!!


Look what we bought at Wal-mart!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! Definitely enjoy it while you can as we are looking forward to wrecking the latter part of your vacation!!

With Love,

Your husband and older two boys ;)

Mel said...

I'm trying, really trying not to be jealous... ;)

JILL said...

You make MB sound heavenly!! Enjoy!!!
Carl has a fever.... but, you have my number if you get some time and want to visit before the end of your break. I do not want to bring you sick kid germs, though!