Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Virtually impossible tasks

If you are successful at either of these things, leave a comment and let me know. I have yet to accomplish either one.

1. Say "toy boat" three times fast. And by fast, I mean fast. No slowing down on purpose. Don't worry; this isn't one of those junior-high pranks where I trick you into saying something dirty. It just sounds really funny because everyone thinks it's easy and then can't do it!! My fourth graders used to try it over and over and over and giggle hilariously. Go ahead. I dare you. Then have someone else try because it's just as funny to hear someone else's failed attempt.

2. Eat six saltine crackers in one minute. Easy, eh? Not so. There are some stipulations. You cannot drink anything. And you have to swallow all six crackers in their entirety in sixty seconds. I saw this attempted on a new show I love on the Food Network, "Food Detectives." (Heather, you're gonna show me how to hyperlink....) On the show, the food techs tried different techniques, from eating them one-by-one to smashing them up first to eating three at a time. The last attempt was the closest, but it is still SO hard. I tried but failed. I still had about half to go. Matthew tried and was SOOOOOO close. Seriously, he probably only needed about five more seconds. The reason it's so hard is because the crackers are so dry and you don't produce enough saliva to chew and swallow them that quickly. If you do attempt it, I want pictures. :)

Lastly, and this has nothing to do with this post, but I wanted to add it. It's a fashion don't. And, no, I'm not talking about me here, so just back up off me. (Sorry about the weird facial expression; the sun was very bright.) Look carefullly. Do you notice anything about Matthew's shirt and our location???


Yes, sirree. He made the mistake of wearing his Hard Rock TOKYO shirt to Pearl Harbor. Maybe the sun was so bright because God was trying to get our attention. "Hey, you, dumb move!"


:)

2 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Ha! I especially like the last photo. It is one of those things that occurs to a person AFTERwards..... oops. We are going to be trying "toy boat" later- and HAVE previously tried the crackers- it was definetly NOT a pretty site!
great post and hope that you and your beautiful family are doing well... (and gaining weight... GO BENJAMIN!)
GOD BLESS YOU!
-Jenni

Stephanie said...

Hilarious!! I am loving your blog.
There is another tongue twister we used to say "Peggy Babcock" 3 times fast. We would kill ourselves laughing in high school. I am not sure why it is so amusing but it is.
I am going to get Tim to do the cracker thing.
Love you~
Keep writing!!